Suggest treatment for penile infection

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I can see the tip of my penis turning dark from usual pink, some time I feel little burning sensation in it too, can you please advice
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I can understand your concern.

I have gone through the uploaded image.

This could possibly be a mild infection of glans penis-balanitis.

Since, there is burning sensation as well, it is advisable to go for antibiotic therapy.

I generally recommend my patients oral tablets Gudef for 3 days.Please check with your physician, if he shares this view and if can prescribe them to you.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 47 minutes later
Thanks for your answer, can you tell me how serious is this ? what is the cause of this ??
how many tablets do i need to take and will it cure completely and skin will turn back to original colour ?
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotic therapy will help to restore normalcy

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir

I understand your concern.

This is not so serious as you anticipated.

This could be due to multiple factors like undergarment hygiene, sexual exposures, alcohol intake. etc.

This will resolve with antibiotic therapy -tab GUDCEF one tab twice a day for 3 days.Additionally topical cream of clotrimazole will help when applied 2-3 times a day.Please check with your physician and if can prescribe them to you.

With this therapy, complete resolution of symptoms with a normal restoration of color is possible.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you

Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 22 hours later
Thanks, I brought the medicine; Gudcef 200 and Clotrimazole Cream IP , however i can see it has instruction mentioned "for external use only, can i use it one the infection on penis ? and after 3 days i need to stop taking Gudcef right ?
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stop GUDCEF after 3 days

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I understand your concern.

Yes, Clotrimazole can be applied on the penile head.

External use only implies, use only on external; body parts and not viscera.

Yes, you can stop GUDCEF after 3 days.

Thank you.