Suggest treatment for penile fungal infection

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Mon, 28 Dec 2015 in Men's Health
Question: The past couple of days I have noticed some discoloration on the head of my penis. Its more in the middle towards the bottom of the head not the tip. It is a vibrant red color and relatively small in size but the discoloratikn longer than it is wide and may have a bump or two at the end of the redness. I havent had sex in years. What could this be?
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be fungal infection or eczema.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Your problem can be fungal infection or eczema. If you send a picture of it then it will be more helpful in identifying.

Avoid soaps and irritants to wash the genital area and instead you can use saline or warm water. Using ointments containing anti fungal agents like miconazole and corticosteroid like hydrocortisone for local application will be helpful.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 3 hours later
Here are the pictures. Your follow up response is appreciated .
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
looks like eczema.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again.

Thank you for your follow up query.

I have gone through your pictures. It looks like eczema. This can be due to the chemicals like soaps or irritants you use to wash the area. So avoid soaps and irritants to wash the genital area and instead you can use saline or warm water for washing. Use mild detergents to wash underwear also.

You can apply ointments containing hydrocortisone and miconazole for this also. Aloe Vera gel is another natural remedy you can use.

Thanks.