Suggest treatment for pelvic pain and swelling in the feet

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I had an MRI of breast last wed, i have felt back, hip, and pelvic pain, some swelling to my feet. I read about a side effect of gandilonium NSF, could this be happening to me? I am afraid of what im reading? What do you suggest or recommend? Coud you die from this?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Very unlikely.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
Any contrast given during MRI poses a risk of kidney damage and that's why before giving any contrast kidney function tests are performed. Your doctor must have performed in your case too.
It is possible though that a contrast could have harmed the kidneys leading to swelling over the feet.
Back pain is not the side effect.
I would recommend in such case to consult your doctor who would perform a repeat Kidney function test and a Urine analysis.
Drink plenty of water so as to flush out remaining XXXXXXX if any out of your kidneys.
I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy