Suggest treatment for pelvic inflammatory disease

Posted on Sat, 22 Aug 2015 in General Health
Question: I have pelvic inflammatory disease and I got treated about a month ago. And I haven't taken the medication on time. I need help figuring out what to do next.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Change the medication to a more easier once daily antibiotic.

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you!

Thanks for consulting at my virtual clinic. I have carefully worked through your case, and can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I will take care all of your medical concerns.

No problem if you were not punctual to treatment. You are not the only one like this. It is a worldwide issue of patient compliance.

That's why I prescribe my patients with Chlamydia trachomatis positive infection, a drug that has the benefit of once daily dosage i.e. Azithromycin. Please consult your Gynecologist for the same. It will be very effective. I usually give two Intravenous doses and then shift the patient to oral ones.

Have a wonderful time ahead. Hope I answered all of your questions. Let me know if you have any further clinical concerns. I will be happy to get back to you shortly. If satisfied here, please give a five star rating and don't forget to close the discussion.

Regards!
DR. XXXXXXX HANIF
USA

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Hanif 21 minutes later
Can I get prescribed from you? & Im not sure if I have got cured yet.
Should I get retested first?
Im more worried about my pid getting worse but I don't have health insurance.
So Im having a hard time choosing what to do first.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Start the treatment immediately.

Detailed Answer:
I welcome you back with a follow up. I am sorry that at this portal I am unable to extend an e-Prescription as the system and law doesn't allow physicians here to give e-prescriptions.

But I can definitely help decide you what to do next. Just start prophylactically with the treatment after you arrange a prescription for the same. Laparoscopy is done for definitive diagnosis or to drain any abscess if there is some. So that is kept as a last resort when medicines fail.

Regards!
DR. XXXXXXX HANIF
USA

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Muhammad Hanif