Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

192 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for peeling white skin on penis

Answered by
Dr. Geetika Paul


Practicing since :2008

Answered : 2609 Questions

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Penis Problems
Question: around the head of my penis just below the skin is pealing kind of whitish does not hurt?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide pictures and details

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
From the description, it looks like you have developed some fungal infection.
But I would like to have a look at the exact skin condition . Kindly click some close up pictures of the skin lesions and upload them here on this page . Also please tell since when you have this skin problem?
Any itching or pain?
Anything you are applying over it?

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 14 minutes later
slightly itchy I have athelets foot is it possible after touching my feet I touched
my penis while going to the bath room?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like fungal infection, take antifungals

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

It is very unlikely that you could have spread warts from foot to the genitals.
Presence of an erosion or a wound in the skin of genitals usually causes development of warts if the area is touched.
I rather suspect a fungal infection over your genitals. A candidal infection can present with whitish discharge or white scales or small cuts or itching and redness or small bumps over the penile area.
In this case, one needs to apply a topical antifungal cream like canestan cream over the affected areas twice a day .
Still if you feel you have some other type of skin infection, then I would suggest you to click some close up pictures and upload them here on this page. I would be able to help you better once I have a look at the exact skin lesions.

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Drug/Medication ,  

Recent questions on  Canestan

doctor1 MD

Non itchy non tender rash covering gentles. Need a diagnosis and treatment

doctor1 MD

Hi I think I have impetigo . I'm on an island in Bali and don't have access to a shop for next couple of days. I have Canesten cream Anusol plus hc cream Savlon cream Can I use any of these to treat in meantime? I also have amoxicillin 500mg x 21...

doctor1 MD

Hi I was in hospital for 2 weeks with a infected gall bladder & stones also infected pancreas . I also had trouble passing urine but that came back clear? Also came down with thrush wen I came home. Still having urinating & now it's burning inside...

doctor1 MD

I'm taking amoxicillin and have developed a yeast infection which i believe is common side effect of this. I have purchased a canesten oral capsule for this but i'm unsure if i can take this now to clear up the thrush or if i need to wait until i have finished my course of amoxicillin first. i concerned that if i take the Canesten tablet now the thrush will just return as i'm still taking the amoxicillin?