Suggest treatment for peeling skin on the right foot

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have pealing skin only on my right foot. no itching or discomfort. foot cream does not seem to help.
currently trying anti fungal cream. too soon to tell if that is working.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Photograph required

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Peeling of skin can be due to dryness of skin or due to fungal infection.
If possible upload a photograph of the involved area.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and better way of management.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
I have responded to the cover e mail and attached photos to that.

I was unable to attach them to this form
XXXXXXX

Dr. XXXXXXX

It is difficult to photograph the bottom of my feet. Attached are my best efforts
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the photographs.
It is looking like fungal infection.
Keep applying antifungal cream for a month.
Try to keep your feet dry as much as possible.
If you come in contact with water, immediately wipe your feet with towel and apply cream.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D