Suggest treatment for peeling off mole like lesions on back

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, about 3 months ago I had a mole or cluster of cells fall off my back. Was located near my shoulder blade and I think my bra strap eventually pulled it off. Hurt a little so perhaps was not quite ready to come off yet. Since then I have had like a tingling feeling around and on the shoulder/slight neck above where the mole was. It is totally cleared up where the mole itself was and I don't see any discolouring. Could it left roots so to speak since it didn't come off without some discomfort? If I lift something in my left hand, the side with the issue, it was trigger the tingliness.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can you give me better description of ?moles

Detailed Answer:

Clinically moles are structure that do not easily peel off. Therefore I doubt it was a mole. If you can provide a better description of the lesion, it may be very helpful.
Nevertheless my comments are as follows:
1. Tingling sensation following skin lesions are associated with Herpes zoaster infections. However herpes zoaster is a condition diagnosed clinically. One gets clumps/clusters of vesicles (fluid filled lesions) which can become blisters; eventually scab off. You may google images of the same and check if those were zoaster infection.
2. Pinched nerve is the second possibility. Obviously this is not related to those skin lesion. In most cases, pinched nerve eventually resolves over 3-6 months time. I start vitamin b12 supplements to treat pinched nerve.
3. Non specific condition which can be affected by stress and anxiety.

Based on your description, those were the three possibilities that I could think off. Off-course a good clinical examination will help us unearth other possible explanation. It will be worthwhile to see a physician and be examined. You can start vitamin B12 which is available over the counter just in case it's related to nerves.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.