Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

147 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for pedophilia

Answered by
Dr. Chintan Solanki


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 2406 Questions

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Mental Health
Question: I'm afraid I might be a pedophile. I started watching child pornography when I was 13-14 years old. Originally, I was looking sexual images and videos of individuals closer to my age. But I got addicted to it in a way. When I watched it I felt aroused and disgusted at the same time. It continued until more recently until I decided I would view the stuff no more. That it was immoral. I'm 23. I must say that although I am aroused at times by sexual images of children I could never stomach the harsher videos. I'm not sexually attracted to children I see in public either. In reality, in romantic and/or sexual relationships I prefer adult women around my own age. I should add that my social skills are a bit lacking and I'm not what most people would consider normal.

I have a deep fear that I am a pedophile and I am disgusted with that possibility. I'm nearly crying and I have a slight urge to vomit as I write this. Not joking.
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is past. You need counselling.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear user,
First of all I would like to congratulate you that you accepted your fault by heart and also tried to get rid of.
I can understand how traumatic phase you have undergone, but time is the solution.
I read your problem and it suggests feature of pedophilia. But few positive points are there.
You cant see harsh videos.
No attration in public children.
In reality attracted to women.
And you consider it immoral.
So habit which strated when you were child and continued causes the problem otheriwse at that age it is normal.
And yes your problem you narrated is limited to fantcy and porn , so you did not have done any wrong harm to anyone. So just relax.
You have stopped doing now that' s a really good step.
I suggest go to some psychiatrist or good psychologist for few session of counselling to get rid of this problem and also to prevent yourself from distress and depression due to such past habit's ruminative thoughts.
I hope my answer will help you.
Thanks & Regards.
All the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on  Pedophilia

doctor1 MD

I have very higher sexual emotinal feeling, I have been spoken to you about my masturbation and pornography addiction, I could try to get way from these, for some time , but I get back to due to my sexual emotion, when never I get attracive women...

doctor1 MD

yday i asked same question, but i forgot some ponits.. so here i noticed thet in captol words Dear dr.. i am 34 male ..and i have undergone psychiatric treatment for hypocondriasis 3 times.. first time in my 20s fear of occurance of stomach cancer...

doctor1 MD

Dear dr.. i am 34 male ..and i have undergone psychiatric treatment for hypocondriasis 3 times.. first time in my 20s fear of occurance of stomach cancer and secnd time i feared about happening brain stock.. both time i visited a psychiartist and...

doctor1 MD

Hi. How can someone get a voluntary chemical castration? I am not a pedophile nor a sex offender, but i got serious problems with my libidus that affect every possible mean in my life. Ive already tried many therapies, meditation , but it never seems to work. I know this is not supposed to be a serious problem, but i feel no pleasure in living because im always in a state of mind that i cant bear to do anything other than thinking about my own urges, ive thought a lot of the subject and i came in a conclusion that i really, really want to be exposed to the chemical castration process. Doctors, please, any suggestion?

doctor1 MD

hello sir, I am a 26 year old married man. we have got married in 2007. first 3 years our bed life was really awesom but now a days for last 6-8 months my wife is not comfirtable with me on bed. she don t like all these things. she even don t want to to talk about this matter. because of all these things i became very frustrate , I can t concentrate in my professional life. I am not able to understand why she is behaving like this. Please help me. Actaually after 3 years of marriage i want a baby desperetly, but she even don t want to ta;k about this. after Marriage she got pregnent 2 times, but at that time we have not continue those issues. I feel very sorry for that step. Please help me. I am in Delhi.