Suggest treatment for patellar tendonitis

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 1 Sep 2014 in Back Pain
Question: I cycle alot...twinch just blow rt. knee....only when walking...no pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
patellar tendonitis

Detailed Answer:
From description it seems the problem might be the patellar tendonitis. Patellar tendonitis is the condition that arises when the tendon and the tissues that surround it, become inflamed and irritated. This is usually due to overuse , repetitive or prolonged activities placing strain on the patellar tendon. The inflammation caused by the overuse can cause the stress and twitching that you are having.
To decrease this, you can:
*Rest the knee.
*Do hot fomentation on your knee to reduce inflammation. Do it for 20-30 minutes every 8 hours for a week.
*Compress your knee. Use an elastic bandage, straps, or sleeves on your knee.
*Wear a knee brace to stabilize the knee and protect it.
*Practice stretching and strengthening exercises after your doctor recommends them.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal