Suggest treatment for parkinson's disease
New treatments are available.
Thank you for posting your question here.
I have gone through your question carefully and understand what you are saying.
As you are having Parkinson's disease since 10 yrs. Still L-DOPA in combination with CARBIDOPA is the most commonly prescribed treatment for Parkinson's disease.
Other medicines which are most frequently used are amantadine,anticholinergic medicines and selegiline.
Deep Brain Stimulation-is becoming the newest treatment of choice for those who can no longer tolerate the side effects of L-Dopa. In this treatment electrodes are implanted surgically in a specific area of brain and connected to a external device and its is regulated to block the abnormal movements caused by the disease.
Other alternatives are acupuncture and massage.
There are many researches are going on for developing newer treatments for Parkinson's disease. Some treatments currently being studied involves:-
1. Fetal cell transplantation
2.Use of stem cell and
As i have explained above about some of alternative methods of treatment for Parkinson's disease. Now you can consult your treating doctor and discuss about it. If any of the alternative is suitable then you can go with that under the able guidance of your treating doctor.
I would suggest you to continue the same treatment and review with your doctor once before deciding on further course of action.
I hope this answers your query.Please get back to me if you have any additional concerns or you need any further information.
Wishing you speedy recovery an good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest new treatments available for parkinsons disease
- Suggest treatment for parkinsons disease
- What treatment is suggested for parkinson disease
- Vascular parkinson's disease treatment
- Parkinson's disease stem cell treatment
- Treatment and cure for Parkinsons Disease Parkinson
- Breakthrough in parkinson's disease treatment
- Treatment and cure for Parkinsons Disease
- Treatment for parkinsons disease shivering in hands
- What is the treatment for parkinsons disease