Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for parenchymal liver disease

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3065 Questions
One of my friend aged around 50 is diagnosed with "Hepatic Parenchymal Disorder(Early Cirrhosis?)". He has consulted some Ayurvedic doctor for this and he suggested to take Liv 52 Syrup for sometime and also to stop drinking alcohol. No other treatment is suggested. I wanted to check if there is any other treatment needed for this condition so that I can guide him accordingly. He has stopped consuming alcohol from almost a month now.
Wed, 30 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Further evaluation is required

Detailed Answer:
Hi. Welcome to Healthcare Magic. I am Dr Anshul Varshney for your help.
First of all extent of damage and cause of this liver disease needs to be evaluated.
My high recommendations are for following tests :
1. Hepatitis B and C.
2. Fibroscan of liver.
3. Complete blood count.
4. Liver function tests.

Alcohol has to be stopped completely and further evaluation would guide us to the treatment part.

Please ask your friend for these tests and write back to me with reports.

I hope it helps you. If you have any further query please ask me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor