Suggest treatment for parenchymal liver disease

Question
One of my friend aged around 50 is diagnosed with "Hepatic Parenchymal Disorder(Early Cirrhosis?)". He has consulted some Ayurvedic doctor for this and he suggested to take Liv 52 Syrup for sometime and also to stop drinking alcohol. No other treatment is suggested. I wanted to check if there is any other treatment needed for this condition so that I can guide him accordingly. He has stopped consuming alcohol from almost a month now.
Wed, 30 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Further evaluation is required

Detailed Answer:
Hi. Welcome to Healthcare Magic. I am Dr Anshul Varshney for your help.
First of all extent of damage and cause of this liver disease needs to be evaluated.
My high recommendations are for following tests :
1. Hepatitis B and C.
2. Fibroscan of liver.
3. Complete blood count.
4. Liver function tests.

Alcohol has to be stopped completely and further evaluation would guide us to the treatment part.

Please ask your friend for these tests and write back to me with reports.

I hope it helps you. If you have any further query please ask me.