Suggest treatment for paraphimosis

Posted on Mon, 12 May 2014 in Penis Problems
Question: Hi, During sex I somehow strained by frenulum (due to friction) and I felt a slight tug resulting in bleeding from the Base of the frenulum (so the part attached to the shaft not head). The bleeding did stop and I'm not in any real pain but when I try and clean it a slightly tug accidentally the bleeding starts again. Have I actually torn my frenulum as it seems to still be attached and if so how best to help it heal. I'm uncircumcised so I've more or less left the foreskin covering the head so that there is no strain on it and it's in it's natural position but what do I need to do to help it heal properly? Creams, bandage etc? Any help would be appreciated
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Use a soothing antiseptic cream Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for choosing wwwhealthcaremagic.com You seem to be suffering from inability to retract the foreskin back fully , medically called Paraphimosis. It can be present from beginning . Presently, you leave it as such, do not have sex till it heals . If there is pain, take a pain killer . It has happened due to tearing of the foreskin/frenulum. . I would suggest to consult a surgeon because it may need surgical repair ,called circumcision. You may use any soothing antiseptic cream like soframycin . It will heal in 4-5 days. DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa

Sexologist