Suggest treatment for papular urticaria

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have been getting these bumps on my skin as of the past month or two. What is it and what can i do to make it go away?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 minutes later
it requires local examination by doctor. better consult dermatologist for examination and advise on treatment.
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 minute later
This is what it looks like. Its not exactly itchy, but rather annoying.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be papular urticaria, steroid creams & antihistaminics

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I am Dr Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, a dermatologist.
I have reviewed the attached photographs and it is looking like papular urticaria.
It usually occurs as an allergic reaction to some insect bite.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like clobetasol propionate cream or betamethasone cream on the affected areas twice daily for 10-14 days and take antihistaminic like tablet Loratidine 10 mg once daily at bedtime for 10 days.
Steroidal preparations are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 33 hours later
The spots feel almost leathery, are you sure?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be papular urticaria most probably, go for clinical examination

Detailed Answer:
It seems to be most probably a papular urticaria.

For 100 percent confirmation you need to go for clinical examination as I certainly don't have the privilege to examine you clinically.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 27 hours later
Here are some additional pictures. I was afraid thatbit was prurigo nodularis. They initially look like the smaller dots but i pick them because they are annoying
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Prurigo nodularis seems unlikely though can't be excluded completely

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I have reviewed all the attached photographs and prurigo nodularis looks unlikely though it can't be excluded completely.
In prurigo extremely itchy papules and nodules are formed on the distal parts of the limbs and they are worse on extensor surfaces.They are usually surrounded by a a hyperpigmented ring around the nodules.
It is commonly seen in persons who are atopic and in about 20 percent cases starts after an insect bite.
You should apply potent topical steroids on them and take oral antihistaminics for 10-14 days.
If the condition doesn't show much improvement consult a dermatologist and consider going for a biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.