Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

171 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for panic disorder

Answered by
Dr. Srikanth Reddy


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 2770 Questions

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Question: I continue to have repeated rounds of anxiety related to fear of dying and fears of choking. I have been talking to my psychiatrist about it and i've been taking my meds that were prescribed to me, but sadly these symptoms are persisting. I have been told to focus on practicing positive self talk, but sometimes my anxiety gets me so stressed that i can't help but be afraid of certaqin things. Overall i am not sure what else i should do and any helpful tips or solutions i can get would be very helpful.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Anxiety disorder

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

You seem to be having a panic disorder which is a type of anxiety disorder. Its good that you have started positive self talks. However it would be wise to start with the medications as well. Paroxetine escitalopram and venlafaxine are the drugs which can help you with the anxiety. Taken regularly they help a lot with the anxiety disorder. Along with this youi may also start with cognitive behavioural therapy. This helps in changing your cognitions and thoughts andhelps you in dealinh with anxiety in a better way.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Srikanth Reddy 23 minutes later
I also wish there was a way that i could talk to a psychiatrist everyday i have a panic attack so that they can help me calm down.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 41 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may put up a question

Detailed Answer:
Things will improve with time and treatment.
When ever you have anxiety, you can put up a question and I will try to answer it as soon as possible. For XXXXXXX users health care magic has telephonic consultation facilioty but this is not so with the foreigner users as yet.
You may use the link:
If you want the query answered by me specifically,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  

Recent questions on Panic attack

doctor1 MD

My mum (79) demanded that she come off bisoprolol after taking for 3 years, as she felt she should not have been on it. The doctor agreed and she is now suffering with increased heart rate (120bpm) at times, but wont see a doctor. She suffers generally with her nerves and feels that going back on the bisoprolol again will calm her down. Is she just panicing or will the panic attack be because of coming off the bisoprolol? She also came off bumetanide at the same time, for the same reason (ie she felt she should never have been put on those tablets)

doctor1 MD

My heart feels strange sometimes. Sometimes it beats to hard it feels like its going to beat out of my chest. It sometimes has an uneven beat or it skips a beat. I also have anxiety attacks for no reason sometimes. I am a 32 year old male and of a healthy weight. I am very active. I do have neurofibromitosis.

doctor1 MD

I started experiencing an electrical shock sensation during sleep several weeks ago. I am 51 yr old female. My DR prescribed xanax for nighttime panic attacks, but the shocks continue. I have them every night, several times and if they are particularly bad, I have to catch my breath. Almost like hypervenitilating. Trying to get scheduled for sleep study....any other suggestions?

doctor1 MD

I am 21 year old female, 5'6 150 pounds, and for the past few months, perhaps about two months, I have had moments where my chest feels incredibly tight. A lump in my throat. Pain in my chest and neck. It is very painful when it happens and last from about 6 minutes to 25. I am wondering what this could possibly be, some people suggested anxiety attacks?

doctor1 MD

My husband had precancerous spot s removed 2 days ago since then he is experiencing chills and low blood pressure along with sweats visited Dr the emergency room that day but was cleared to go home Right now he is chilled again and very nervous

doctor1 MD

can can I take NP thyroid and Ativan not at the same time but Ativan just in case my panic attack comes out of nowhere

doctor1 MD

Hi my head feels heavy I left work early and slept for 3 hours what causes this ? I’m healthy