Suggest treatment for panic disorder

Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Question: I continue to have repeated rounds of anxiety related to fear of dying and fears of choking. I have been talking to my psychiatrist about it and i've been taking my meds that were prescribed to me, but sadly these symptoms are persisting. I have been told to focus on practicing positive self talk, but sometimes my anxiety gets me so stressed that i can't help but be afraid of certaqin things. Overall i am not sure what else i should do and any helpful tips or solutions i can get would be very helpful.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Anxiety disorder

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

You seem to be having a panic disorder which is a type of anxiety disorder. Its good that you have started positive self talks. However it would be wise to start with the medications as well. Paroxetine escitalopram and venlafaxine are the drugs which can help you with the anxiety. Taken regularly they help a lot with the anxiety disorder. Along with this youi may also start with cognitive behavioural therapy. This helps in changing your cognitions and thoughts andhelps you in dealinh with anxiety in a better way.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Srikanth Reddy 23 minutes later
I also wish there was a way that i could talk to a psychiatrist everyday i have a panic attack so that they can help me calm down.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 41 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may put up a question

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Things will improve with time and treatment.
When ever you have anxiety, you can put up a question and I will try to answer it as soon as possible. For XXXXXXX users health care magic has telephonic consultation facilioty but this is not so with the foreigner users as yet.
You may use the link:
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy
If you want the query answered by me specifically,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy