Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for panic attacks

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
My son has been complaining of being fuzzy headed for several weeks now. He is 21 and has issues with anxiety. At night he has problems getting to sleep as says he cant relax and feels like he's imploding. He takes Xanax when he gets anxious but that isn't helping the fuzzy feeling. He says when he feels this way he can't concentrate on anything and as a college student this is a big problem. After feeling fuzzy-headed he often feels faint. He says this feeling can occur even if he's not anxious. His psychiatrist has just kept him on the Xanax but its not addressing this new feeling. He has had panic attacks in the past. What could this be and to whom should I take him to, a neurologist or a new psychiatrist?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: schedule psycho-therapy appointments... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, I understand your worries as a mother for your son's panic attacks. It is true that they won't let your boy concentrate on his college classes. To my opinion, you can have another second opinion from another psychiatrist. At the same time, I'd suggest to schedule appointments with psychologist to start psycho-therapy in order to help him dominate the panic attacks and make him feel relaxed. All the best to both of you! Dr.Bardha Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor