Suggest treatment for panic attacks while having anxiety

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: My 21year old daughter suffers from panic attacks. I've been on MANY prescriptions drugs for depression and anxiety. The drugs were a nightmare. At this young age, I'd like to spare her from that. Anything OTC she could try?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Valerian or St John's wort can be tried.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

If you want to try OTC then for severe anxiety and panic attacks Valerian root or St. John's Wort can be tried. Both works on GABA receptors like benzodiazepines and have great efficacy in controlling anxiety attacks.

You can try either of these supplements for her. These will not make her dependent and are safe to use. You can find these in supermarkets without any difficulty.

Thanks. Take care