Suggest treatment for panic attacks and anxiety
Do not request for xanax...Recount your symptoms!!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry too hear about this difficulty getting a drug for your symptoms. It is true that xanax does wonders when it comes to anxiety and panic attacks and it is no doubt that it certainly helps with your symptoms. However, asking for this drug directly would most likely lead to a refusal from your doctors to prescribe it. This is because the drug has the tendency of being abused and its is being controlled to make sure persons do not get it for reasons other than medically indicated.
I will suggest that you simply recount your symptoms to the doctor. After the diagnosis is made, you would most likely get a prescription of this drug as it is one of the most commonly used medication for this purpose. Should he prescribe another medication, please accept it and try and only return to complain if it doesn't work for your symptoms. At that time, you may suggest that xanax had worked for you but asking for this drug anytime anywhere during your first visit would most likely lead to its refusal.
Of course it is made to help patients while at the same time preventing those who do not require it from laying their hands on it. That is why each time you personally request for, you would not have it.
In all, recount your symptoms and let the doctor choose the drug for you. Should his choice fail to control your symptoms, you may tell him that xanax was very helpful in the past. Should you ask for this medication directly, do not be surprised because it would most likely be a NO.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for panic attack
- Suggest treatment for phobia and panic attacks
- Suggest treatment for depression and panic attack
- Suggest medication for anxiety and panic attacks
- Suggest treatment for anxiety with acute panic attacks
- Suggest best possible treatments for anxiety and panic attacks
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks and anxiety
- What is the treatment for anxiety and panic attacks
- Anxiety restlessness unable to sleep panic attacks treatment
- Treatment for anxiety disorder and panic attacks