Suggest treatment for pancreatic cancer

Posted on Thu, 14 Jul 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: What is new in the treatment for pancreatic cancer. I have something on my pancreus and will have it biopsied. I have lost weight in the past three months but blood work etc all seems good. Imaging shows something is there
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello dear. There is nothing new in the treatment of pancreatic cancer.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through the details. The treatment of carcinoma pancreas depends upon the stage of the disease we are dealing with. If it is early stage disease, it is curable with surgery and with the addition of chemo or radiotherapy. However in advanced stage, it is not curable.
There is no new drug in currently approved by the FDA, however, the treatment is still very effective.
Please revert back with the reports of imaging and biopsy.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 21 hours later
Thank you for your response. I am waiting to get an appointment with a local Oncologist and will know more after a biopsy.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Please revert back with the reports.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I am eager to see your reports.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist