Suggest treatment for pancreatic cancer

Posted on Mon, 3 Aug 2015 in General Health
Question: What is the principal cause of pancreatic cancer? YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
chronic pancreatitis, smoking, genetic factors etc

Detailed Answer:

Actually I can't speak of cause but rather of risk factors. I'll mention some of them:
- chronic pancreatitis, which is closely related to heavy alcohol consumption, may increase the risk up to more than 50-fold.
- smoking, increases the risk from to 2 to 5-fold, depending on the packs-years.
- central obesity may increase the risk, particularly if the diet contains a lot of red meat and processed food and not enough fruits and vegetables.
- genetic factors: they cannot change of course. Some genes and syndromes predispose to pancreatic cancer like the multiple endocrine neoplasia.

So avoiding smoking, adopting a healthy diet and keeping your body weight close to normal is a good place to start. Alcohol is to be avoided.

I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.

Kind Regards!
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis