Suggest treatment for painless, swollen lymph node on jaws

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I've had a painless, swollen lymph node under right side of my jaw for about 4-6 months. It has stayed the same size and is semi-hard. Also, I had a cold about 3 weeks ago and felt very sore in the groin area that took about 5 days to go away. At times I still feel it slightly, but it is near a past hernia operation site, so it may increase the pain.
Also, I spent time in a pool 2 weeks ago, and do not frequent pools often. I noticed 5 days ago, that when I wake in the morning and blow my cheeks out I feel and hear fluid under the right side of my ear/ jaw. It goes away after 5-10 minutes of blowing out my cheeks and massaging and has with some pressure. Sometimes I have been getting a headache at night and some fatigue, but nothing major.
I have awful anxiety issues, and this isn't helping.

-not losing weight
-no frequent night sweats
-no fever

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow and would appreciate some pertinent questions I should ask to get the best diagnosis.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
See below!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am happy to know you would be visiting a doctor tomorrow to get your symptoms checked out.

You would really not have to ask the doctor many questions. What I will like you to ask him is whether he thinks it is related to cancer or not and what the various reasons for a yes or no are. With this question, every other worry would be probed into and addressed to the very best given the available information. If he lacks some details, he would for sure look for to make sure he gets this right as it is a very demanding and sensitive issue.

I hope this helps. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services. feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.