Suggest treatment for painless red spots on penis shaft

Excellent

Question
Two weeks ago after a week of rigorous training, I noticed very small painless itchless shiny slightly red spots on my penis shaft. They do not follow a distinct pattern nor do they rest on a hair follicle. The first group has faded to skin color but are still noticeable when looking hard. The second group is still a little red they do not rest on the same red bed however. I have had no fever or discharge or sickness of any kind. My last sexual encounter was the beginning of April.
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Looks like minor skin infection.

Detailed Answer:

Though many skin diseases can present like this.Most of them turn out to be local infection in this region.And treatment for such should be undertaken before considering other possibilities.

Rigorous training with lots of sweating can predispose such skin infections, particularly in such regions of body.

So I would suggest you to give try to a broad spectrum antibiotic cream with some antifungal and minimal steroid in it.

This creams should take care of this.

If at all this persist after 10 days use of the cream then it will be ideal to see a dermatologist.

Also you can add photograph of lesion here so that I am in better position to answer it.

Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for painless red spots on penis shaft 1 hour later
The spots are more shiny than white. They are not painful nor itchy and do not hurt to the touch. There is no discharge. The older spots have not "broken open." They are just less red than the new spots.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Still I will stick to my opinion.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, thanks for follow up.

Even with those details I feel its minor skin infection.

Subclinical , opportunistic infections do present like dry, shiny areas in irregular patch formation, which on drying up break open.This is due to loss of upper layer of skin.

It doesn't look like any STD or chronic worrisome skin disease.

Please give try to cream I have suggested and if symptoms still persist see a dermatologist.

Its very likely that the creams will help you.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for painless red spots on penis shaft 23 minutes later
Thank you for your help Doctor. I will use your advice. To be honest with you my biggest concern was Herpes. I have been fairly safe in my sexual life and have become ever more so now that I am older. From research ive done herpes looks completely different like a open sore and I would have other symptoms such as fever and pain and itch. Do you agree? My life right is really starting to progress as ive just gotten my degree and started my career. I know that there is no way to be 100% certain without a blood test but doctor i beg you is there anyway you can put my mind at ease to the best of your fantastic ability that i dont have that horrible life changing disease.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This doesn't look like herpes.

Detailed Answer:

This doesn't look like herpes, herpes comes in cluster and does have other symptoms you mentioned.

Also dont worry too much about these diseases, they are quite common and easily treated.

Seeing doctor for this is perfectly fine.Doctor won't make you feel embarrassed. A visit to doctor can help easy your mind more.

So do see doctor, it will relax your mind.

Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.