Suggest treatment for painful urination

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Sometimes i get burning urniation which is exactly the same as cystitis.
It burns badly and comes out very little, i use all the right vaginal soaps, however its becoming more regular and the other night even woke me up. I always go to the toilet after sexual intercourse to flush out.
Is this due to me not drinking enough water? So my urine is acidy?
Its diffrent to cysitis in the way it doesnt last very long. I will take a couple of ibruprofen and a few glasses of water to wash myself out and my wee goes back to normal. However its getting that regualr i dread going to the toilet due to it possibly stinging.
Answered by Dr. Soumya 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get uine culture and sensitivity test done

Detailed Answer:

IBuprofen will not help you with such urinary tract infection ( UTI ).

You need to get urine culture and sensitivity test done to identify the organism causing this infection and the antibiotics it is responsive to.

This is a simple test which will solve majoity of your problems. Please get it done and take antibiotics as per eport to do away with this UTI.

Meanwhile drink moe water.

Brief Answer:
This is UTI

Detailed Answer:

Yes. This is UTI and neds to be treated.
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 8 minutes later
Thanks, so is what I'm describing the same uti that just hasn't gone away due to me not getting it treated
I can even go weeks without having anything then it just comes on
Answered by Dr. Soumya 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Untreated UTI

Detailed Answer:

This is untreated UTI. It trends to appear and disappear like this if untreated.

Please get treated soon to prevent further harm.

Feel free to ask me question by pasting following link in your browser:

http://bit.ly/askdrsoumya