Suggest treatment for painful ulcer under the tongue
Here are a few things to be done.
Welcome to Health Care Magic, Thanks for writing to us,
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad, I have read your question, I understand your concern and will try to help you in the best possible way.
I am sorry to know about the ulcer, yes if ulcers are not treated and they are at some place where they constantly get friction like around tongue or inside of cheeks where teeth and tongue damage the healing upper layer time and again then they can stay there for long times.
I would suggest you a few measures which will help it's healing get quicker.
1) Protect it from friction as much as you can.
2) Don't drink or smoke (if any thing relevant)
3) Don't drink fizzy drinks or irritants like hot drinks or spicy stuff.
4) You can use oral ulcer cream by a quality brand ask your pharmacist about the best one. They are over the counter and easy to get.
5) Don't use any allergy causing or irritant meds like antibiotics etc.
6) Don't take Ibuprufen.
This ulcer is expected to heal in a week or ten days don't panic everything will be fine.If you see any pus then contact your doctor you might well need an antibiotics for that.
I Hope this answers your question, if your have more queries feel free to ask, otherwise close the discussion and rate it. Wish you the best of health.
Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.(Licensed Family Physician)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tongue ulcers caused mdma and treatment
- Suggest treatment tongue infection
- Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers
- Suggest treatment for solitary rectal ulcer
- Treatment for painful white spots under tongue
- Treatment for cut under tongue
- Mouth ulcers on tongue treatment
- Ulcers in tongue after taking mdma need treatment
- Tongue ulcers treatment
- Painful vagina ulcers uncomfortable treatment