Suggest treatment for painful thigh

Posted on Tue, 8 Dec 2015 in General Health
Question: I have been having this aching pain in front of my femur. it's not the muscle, it feels deeper. it aches a little when not moving but when I stand on it it aches more. This is an on off issue.
Answered by Dr. Karl Logan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Painful thigh

Detailed Answer:
hi thanks for your question,

the pain could be referred from your lumbar spine or hip joint, or it could be directly related to a problem in your thigh.

after examining you and taking a more thorough history of your symptoms I would likely organize an X-ray of you femur including your hip joint. some blood work to look for any signs of inflammation may also be useful.

I hope this helps answer your question.

best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Karl Logan

Orthopaedic Surgeon