Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for painful swelling in the leg and scrotum

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1954
Answered : 4160 Questions
My son is 44 yo .Symptoms scrotal edema, edema in rt leg 2-3 plus, less in left leg, both legs painful, ankles on right, brownish discoloration, Testing: positive for auto immune disease but Dr do not feel it is RA or lupus. ANA +, PSA 4.2 no Ca detected, NEG: inguinal hernia, Cardiac echo, US of scrotum, no HTN. He is thin, muscular, works building houses. Positive for leaky valves in legs per US. Can this really cause all of the above symptoms? Mother and grandmother also have venous insuf. and OA. I and his wife are RN's What is the cost get your opinion
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload the reports

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

The venous insufficiency and the autoimmune issues are seemingly unrelated. However, I would insist you to upload the reports and I will try to correlate.

The cost of consultation depends on the package you have opted for. You need to get in touch with the customer service for this.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for painful swelling in the leg and scrotum 16 minutes later
Specifically I want to know is it possible that leaking valves be severe enough to cause leg and scrotal swelling and pain.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Leg swelling and pain can be a consequence of the leaking valves

Detailed Answer:
Leaking valves can definitely give rise to leg swelling and pain. But that would possibly be unrelated to scrotal swelling and pain.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor