Suggest treatment for painful swelling in right hand

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My Grandson has experienced swelling in is right hand. He has been treated twice. Once, last year in November 2014. The second time occurred this past week. They were told it was spider bites. He was seen by a pediatrician and prescribed antibiotics. The swelling increased and he complained about it hurting. Parents to him to the hospital (Chop in Philadelphia) They kept him for three days. He was given medication again and followed up with the Doctor. My son said that it is Celuitis, not sure if it is the correct spelling. What causes this and what other preventive steps can they take? Thank you
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
By cleanliness and increasing immunity.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query

I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Cellulitis is a type of infection by microorganism such as bacteria. Cause of bacteria infection is coming in contact with bacteria and less immunity ( power to fight bacteria). If a person having less immunity comes in contact with bacteria then infection occurs.It can be prevented by two methods.
1. It can be prevented by not coming in contact is microorganism by let not allow him to play in dirty places.Keeping hands clean by washing and cleaning.
2. Second method is by increasing his immunity to infection by taking good nutrition and balaced diet full of vitamins and minerals.

You can discuss with your doctor about it.

Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.

Wishing you a good health.