question-icon

Suggest treatment for painful swelling in neck gland, weight gain and feet soreness

Posted on Thu, 21 May 2015
Question: hi. I am having swelling in my neck gland . Sharp pain in my glands. weight gain . Sudden swelling all over body. feet soreness
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati (55 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

I read carefully your query.

If this swelling is right in the front of your neck ,it might related to thyroid gland.
Hypothyroidism can cause weight gain,body swelling ,feeling tired and with no energy ,constipation etc.
I would suggest to consult a physician for examination.Physical examination is necessary.
You may need to do some tests to test the function of thyroid gland like:
-fT3,fT4 ,TSH
-ultrasound of thyroid gland.

Hope it help.
Let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,
Dr.Rovena Murati
Dr. Rovena Murati