Suggest treatment for painful sore on the vagina

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hello Doctors.

I Need your Help I Will Go get Checked but I'm Very Embarrassed & Afraid About this .

IHave a Sore On my Vagina . It is Flat and Long .

and is Now Scabbing Over . The Scab Keeps Getting Removed By My Panty Liner. .I am Extremely Concerned.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
vaginal frictional sore

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to healthcare magic.com
This is typical frictional sore here which has probably occurred due to friction with your panty liner. It is important that you wear loose clothes and apply locally OINT SOFRAMYCIN thrice a day for 5 days . Keep the local area dry and moisture free and avoid any form of friction in that area else as seen the scab once formed can get removed and the wound would be freshened again.
This is not an std for sure , so need not be worried in that regard.
I hope i hav answered your query,
Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist