Suggest treatment for painful skin thickening on foot
wear soft padded slippers or shoes to avoid pressure.
Thanks for your query.
Callus or corns are skin thickening due to pressure on a particular area.They are usually formed due to ill fitting footwear,high heels or due to abnormal toe shape. So the main stay is to relieve the pressure on that area.The inconvenience in walking would remain till the corn is present on the site.
A simple OTC treatment is also successful in many, you can apply the corn caps twice a day for 5-10days as required. They loosen the excess hard keratin and restore normalcy.
The corn can be burned with cautery or laser by dermatologist. If there is involvement of deeper layers of skin and bone, surgery is the treatment of choice.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot
- Suggest treatment for skin infection
- What treatment is suggested for foot pain
- Treatment and cure for foot pains
- Foot heel pain treatment
- Neuropathic foot pain treatment
- Suggest treatment for tanned skin
- Suggest treatment for painful swollen foot
- Suggest treatment for arthritis pain and skin rash
- Foot pain treatment