Suggest treatment for painful skin tag at vaginal opening

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Sat, 7 Nov 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: My daughter is 3. Today during a BM she appeared to what looked like about an inch of vaginal tissue come out and stay there for several minutes. She was complaining of pain; she then said it didn't hurt anymore and the tissue had gone back inside. I took her to a PA today who said everything appeared normal now on the outside, and we'll just have to see if it happens again. If this keeps happening, what would we need to do? How long should I wait if the tissue comes out and gets stuck before taking her to the ER or something?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need some clarification .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your 3 years old daughter has noticed some tissue coming out of her vagina while having Bowel Movements which went back inside .

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.

1) Have you yourself noticed whether the tissue was coming out of vagina or Anal opening .?

Normally at this age group there is a Rectal Polyp that comes out of anal opening while child strains to defecate which goes back into anal canal .

I would suggest you to consult Pediatric Surgeon for clinical , digital and proctoscopic examination She may need to get examined under anesthesia to confirm the diagnosis .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 17 minutes later
It certainly appeared to be coming out of the vaginal area, not the rectal area.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get her examined by a Gynecologist and Pediatric Surgeon .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Based on your statement it can be a Vaginal Polyp or a Rectal polyp and can be confirmed only on clinical and per speculum examination under anesthesia.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.