Suggest treatment for painful shingles infection
unfortunately this is unpredictable. Typically the usual recovery time is 2-4 weeks but some patients may have post-herpetic neuralgia (which means pain after the shingles attack) that may last even for years! Since using a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) for years is not recommended because of its side-effects, you should consult your doctor for alternative choices depending on your symptoms and medical history.
I hope I've not scared you by mentioning the highest possible duration. Many patients recover in much shorter times (a few weeks more than the usual recovery time).
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is shingles infection or contagious
- What treatment is suggested for shingles
- Shingles infection causes
- Shingles infection control
- Shingles infection risk
- Shingles infection period
- Diagnosis of shingles infection
- Symptoms of shingles infection
- Drugs/medication for shingles infection
- Treatment and cure for shingles infection
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?