Suggest treatment for painful scar tissue after lumpectomy

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Lump
Question: I had a lumpectomy 13 years ago. Scar tissue formed and has been quite painful over the years after
certain moements. I was lifting hand weights recently and the next day my armpit felt as if there
was something in it. When I self examine I notice nothing different. Can scar tissue be pulled as in
strained or something?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be musculoskeletal pain.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Muscles over the chest wall will get attached to upper arm bone humerus around armpit.
So,lifting weights might have strained the muscles leading to pain.
I prescribe skeletal muscle relaxant tablet containing Thiocolchicoside 4mg twice daily to my patients with similar complaints.
Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj