question-icon

Suggest treatment for painful rashes in the left armpit

Posted on Sat, 9 Jul 2016
Question: Hi, I have developed a painfull rash under in my left armpit and also developing a queezy stomache.
Noticed the start of the rash this morning and it got worse thru the day. Stomach has started feeling queezy this afternoon. No other symptoms
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Contact dermatitis or folliculitis, upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome
I have gone through your query.
It might be contact dermatitis or folliculitis.
It is difficult to comment on it without examination so kindly upload the pictures of it for better understanding.

Presently I would suggest you to avoid touching it, wash it with mild soap like dermadew. You can apply neosporin ointment to it. For pain you can take NSAIDS like Ibuprofen , it has both antiinflammatory and analgesic property.

I would also like to know few information like
Is there any medical history? DM, hypertension?
Are you on any medication?
How is the rash? Is flat or raised? Is it tender to touch?
Have you changed detergen? have you used any new clothes?

Kindly get back to us with the pictures and provide additional I'll be glad to help you out

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Harish Naik