Suggest treatment for painful pinched nerve on the neck

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Sat, 18 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have 69 pinched nerves in my neck, the only thing that alleviates most the none stop pain is vicodin 750
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Other treatment possibilities to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

There are no 69 nerves in neck, so, it is not possible to have all these nerves pinched.

Arthritis may affect some of nerves by pinching them due to bone spurs and stenosis of spinal cord, causing this way neurological symptoms such pain and sensory changes.

Treatment depends on symptoms and imaging studies results.

Treatment options include antineuralgic drugs, NSAID drugs, physical therapy, epidural injections, and in severe cases, decompressesive surgery.

Vicodin contains hydrocodone, so, its use may result in tolerance and dependence.

In my opinion, other treatment possibilities such physical therapy, epidural injections should be considered.

If no sufficient relief with conservative treatment, surgery may be reconsidered.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad