Suggest treatment for painful lumps at the back of the throat

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 24 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I was looking at my wisdom teeth and noticed two small lumps on the back of my throats right next to my tonsils. It's not painful, I am not having problems swallowing or anything, im just nervous. One almost looks like a skin tag, the other just kind of looks like a lump. Should I get it checked out? I am an occasional smoker with no family history of throat cancer or any cancer. I have pictures if needed. I'm a 25 year old female.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, let’s see the pictures!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for contacting us.

Given your age, being an occasional smoker and no family history, cancer of the throat is very unlikely at this time. However, I will like to review the images so as to be able to provide further insights and guidance.

In all, a cancer is unlikely. Upload images for further review and insights.

Waiting....
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
This is it
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to bother about!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed the attached image and the highighted area. There is nothing to be worried about. Please, stay calm and don't get worried about anything. It seems all normal.

I wish you well. You do not need any further medical attention exclusively for this.

Kind regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 50 minutes later
Thank you so much. I was up all night crying worried i had cancer. I really appreciate you following up with me, i hope you have a good day!
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
NO CANCER!

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your kind words. Cancer will never start with two lumps unless it becomes a far advanced one. You are clearly not there and that’s a benign tissue flap.

I wish you well. Stay well. Occasional smoking isn’t good for health. I will appreciate you giving it a serious thought about quitting.

If you decide so and need help, kindly write back to me. Believe me, life is a lot better without smoking....[Personal experience].

Kind regards!