Suggest treatment for painful lump on the tongue
Here are some ideas
Hello ! Thank you for using HCM!
I have gone through your question.
It would be good to have a picture of the lamp and if you have other symptoms or not ,use any medication so I can have a more clear idea of your condition.
According to what you prescribe , i can say that the small painfull lamp it's nothing to worry about since you had one last week and went away by itself .
The most common causes could be : trauma in your tongue (eating salted food , sourfood, eating something hard and sharp,dentures if you have ) or other stress ,dehydration, hormonal ..this happens cause papillae of the tongue become irritated and slightly swollen (transient papillitis) .In this case the lamp will go away by itself after some days.
If if does not go away ,changes size ( become bigger ),you have sore throat, numbness, mouth pain ,difficult swallowing or shewing, pain in the teeth or joint,voice change ,weight loss or any other symptoms you should be checked by a local doctor for further evaluation.
Meanwhile use warm water with salt (gargle ), put cold compress ,maintain oral a good oral health.
Let me know for any further clarifications, I will be happy to help.
Take Care !
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for painful lumps on head
- Suggest treatment to remove painful lump in the groin area
- Suggest treatment for hard painful lump on elbow
- Suggest treatment for abdomen lump
- Suggest treatment tongue infection
- Suggest treatment for painful lump between the breasts
- Suggest treatment for swollen tonsils and lumps on my tongue
- Painful lump on knee treatment
- Suggest treatment for lump in the armpits
- Bleeding in tongue feeling of lump treatment