Suggest treatment for painful lump on the side of head
It can be hematoma or sebaceous cyst
I have studied your case and I think that this can be a scalp hematoma. He must have hit somewhere but he may not noticed it. Other rare possiblity can be a sebaceous cyst. A collection of wax like tissue in the cyst.
I would suggest you to give him Brufen 2oo mg daily for 7 days. Mostly this swelling will reduce. If it persist then you need to see your physcian.
I hope this answer will be useful for you. let me know if there is any other followup questions. thanks
Thank you very much for your reponse.
If I do take him to a doctor what kind should it be?
It is not cancer
I can assure you that it is not cancer. A cancer is never a painful swelling. If you want to show it to doctor best is a general surgeon. He can help you in confirming this diagnosis .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for painful lumps on head
- Suggest treatment to remove painful lump in the groin area
- Suggest treatment for hard painful lump on elbow
- Suggest treatment for abdomen lump
- Baby head lump treatment
- Suggest treatment for discomfort lump behind my head
- Suggest treatment for painful lump between the breasts
- Painful lump on knee treatment
- Suggest treatment for lump in the armpits
- Suggest treatment for cancerous lump on the tailbone
- Suggest treatment for foot drop
- What are symptoms of rib fracture?
- What causes pain in inside of elbow of both arms?
- Suggest treatment for cervical spondylitis
- What causes red knots on arms,legs and body with swelling on ankles?
- What causes pain and swelling in knee and calf with history of...
- Can i travel with swollen ankle post injury?
- What causes throbbing pain in right side of abdomen?
- What is the cause and treatment for pain in heels?
- What causes pain in ankle radiating to heel?