Suggest treatment for painful lump on scrotum

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 1 Sep 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I had a small hardened mass in scrotum may for some months with no pain. It just broke a few days and brownish paste like mass came out. I just cleaned and applied neosporin powder. It was fine for few days and then later became big like a pea. It is pink in color and started to pain. I am not sure which doctor to show whether gynaecologist or dermatoligst.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult General Surgeon

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Mr XXXX

From the description given it appears to Sebaceous cyst which has got infected

It would be helpful if you could consult General Surgeon for further management.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 39 minutes later
Thanks for your reply doctor.
What would be the likely suggestion the General Surgeon would give. Can I try some medication from my side?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It may require complete excision

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Greetings
If it is Sebaceous cyst and there is residual swelling it will require complete excision to prevent recurrence

In the meantime you could try the following
1. Local application of antibiotic ointment
2. Oral antibiotic

Wishing you great health

Best regards
Dr Deepak