Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for painful lump on leg caused by an injury

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4852 Questions
Hello, I recently had a fall. My left leg went straight out,but my right leg twisted. I have a lot of pain and now I have a painfull lump on the outside of my leg just below the knee. I am 65. Should I go to the doctor. Thank you. Regards XXXX
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Advised to consult orthopedist ASAP.... Detailed Answer: Hi dear XXXXXXX I am sorry for the bad fall you had recently. The painful lump you have might be - dislocated bone - bruising (edema) An urgent further physical evaluation and X-ray should be done to prevent severe problems. You should keep your leg immobilized for some while until improvement. The examination and lab tests will determine the best therapy for you. Again, it is a must to consult your doctor (family doctor) who should direct to orthopedist for further evaluation. Meanwhile, if the fall did happen yesterday, you can apply cold compresses to the affected (lump) area until you go and see your doctor. Wish fast recovery! Dr.Albana
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor