• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for painful lump in the groin area

Posted on Fri, 4 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a lump in my groin area where my underwear rubs. My gyn thought it was a cyst and lanced it several weeks ago but it got no better. I saw her today and she said it looked like a sertoma at least I thought that is the word she used. She's sending me to a dermatologist. Did is misunderstand the word? I can't find any thing matching that word.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Upload an image of this lump for the review, please!

Detailed Answer:

It is difficult to corroborate what term she used. I will suggest that you please upload an image of this area for review. This way, I will provide further guidance on what the possible diagnostic term is.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Answered by
Dr. Chobufo Ditah

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 6252 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

169 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Chobufo Ditah
  • Q - CT scan showed cancer tumor inside liver. Swollen abdomen, little...

  • Q - Shaved around private parts and around base of penis. Bumps are like...

  • Q - Having blood pressure. Taking Sandoz Fenofibrate. Should I go for higher...

  • Q - Severe anal itching and rashes on buttocks. Suggest medication

  • Q - Stomach upset, gas and bloating. What could this be?

  • Q - Can I contract HIV through blowjob?

  • Q - Having swollen testicles. Could this be a sign of cancer?

  • Q - Had rectal prolapse surgery. Should I be concerned of having irregular...

  • Q - What causes numbness in toe?

  • Q - Is Hydrazine sulfate effective for cancer patients suffering from cachexia?