Suggest treatment for painful lump in ankle area
Bursitis or ganglion cyst
Hi, thanks for posting your query at Healthcaremagic.
I went through your query and understood your concerns.
With your description of symptoms, there are two possibilities.
1. ganglion cyst , causing compression - on examination condition can be confirmed. May require few test to check for location. If causing pain aspiration of ganglion relives pain.
2. lymphnode enlargement - superficial skin or deep infection in foot can cause enlargement of lymphnodes.
Rare possibility bursitis, tendon sheet inflammation. Blood clots are red or purple in discoloration and are usually subcutaneous.
Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.
Wish you a good health.
The treatment of lump depends on the type of lump. After an ultrasound of the lump, drainage is needed alongwith antibiotics. Thus seeing your doctor would be a good idea. Regarding swollen foot, please keep the foot elevated higher then the rest of body while sleeping. Take pain-killers. Ibuprofen is available over-the counter and can be taken twice a day. Cold compresses would help. Take high protein diet, low salt, more fruits and take adequate rest. Hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sprained ankle
- Suggest treatment for painful lumps on head
- Ankle sprain lump on ankle bone increased pain treatment
- Suggest treatment for ankle fracture
- Suggest treatment for ankle pain inspite of an injury
- Suggest treatment for painful burnt ankle
- Suggest treatment for ankle injury
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the ankles
- Suggest treatment for ankle pain
- Suggest treatment for pain in ankle after a ankle surgery