Suggest treatment for painful lump above navel

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I have started getting pain around my belly button which hurts more if I touch inside, when I feel I can feel that it feels harder than the other areas of my belly button. it is at the top of my belly button other areas hurt less. when trying to get a photo the lump inside pussed out.

thank you for help
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please consult general surgeon.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

This looks like an abscess. It may appear due to infection or umbilical hernia which has stuck. In both cases you should not wait with it. Please consult general surgeon as soon as possible.
Abscess should be drained. If its hernia, surgery might be necessary. And antibiotic seems advisable as well.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.