Suggest treatment for painful lump above elbow crease

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi I have been feeling pain in the crease of my right elbow for months now and ignored it but I've just felt a lump just above the crease what could this be?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to many causes.

Detailed Answer:
There a few possibilities as to what a lump in the elbow crease can mean. These are
1. Ganglion Cyst: This is because muscle tissues in the area of the joints can become inflamed through strains, sprains or repeatedly being injured.
2. Synovial Cyst: is again a fluid-filled sack
3. Lipoma
4. Swollen Lymph Node: This can be due to infections like bacterial or viral.
5. Bursitis or Epicondylitis: This is also a infectious tissue.
To get rid from this problem you may need a course of antibiotic and anti-inflammatory drugs. Usually these types of bumps get recovered by medications. But it is always advisable to consult your doctor and get clinically examined. Nothing can be commented without clinical examination of the bump. So feel free to consult your doctor.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal