Suggest treatment for painful leg

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I can't get my leg to extend . I think it's iliofemoral ligament strain but I can't get out of bed or stand up it's been over an hour. Help
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs physical examination to find the cause

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It needs physical examination to ascertain the cause. To help you better I would like to know-
1. Is there any trauma?
2. Do you play any sport or any other physical activity?
Meanwhile, Inspite of heat use ice, compression and avoidance of activities that exacerbate pain.
I afraid if the pain persist you may have to visit the ER.MRI am best investigation for sprain/tear of ligament.
Take care and I shall be glad to answer any further query.

Follow up: Dr. Mukesh Chugh 18 minutes later
THANKYOU for your help ... Am still unable to move without pain ,,, but I have help so no worries.
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As follows

Detailed Answer:
Hi
It's good to see you
You are welcome.You may have strong pain killer like tramadol to relieve pain.It is a prescription only drug so may have to contact your local doctor.
Regards.