Suggest treatment for painful knees with loss of cartilage
You may send the X-ray picture
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your suffering carefully and at present time the definite solution for knees with loss of cartilage is knee replacement. The latest is role of stem cell therapy in cartilage regeneration, but it has doubtful results and need further research.
For Osteoarthritis weight reduction is the main treatment along with medicines to decrease pain like NSAID's - paracetamol, aceclofenac and nutritional joint supplement like Glucosamine/chondroitin sulphate. Life style modifications like avoiding sitting cross legged, squatting will decrease the rate of progression of osteoarthritis. Exercises like quadriceps strengthening, swimming; straight leg rising will help in improving the muscle strength around the knee and will help in decreasing pain.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, I shall be glad to answer them.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for knee cartilage damage
- Torn cartilage in wrist treatment
- What are the treatments for knee pain and torn cartilage
- Ear cartilage infection treatment
- Cartilage treatment in ayurveda
- Inflamed ear cartilage treatment
- No cartilage in knee treatment
- Broken nose cartilage treatment
- Treatment and cure for cartilage inflammation
- Suggest treatment for knee pain