Suggest treatment for painful intercourse

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: hi, my wife cant able to intercourse, she feels afraid and so disturbed. its been 1.5 yrs of our marriage.
Asked by Me , Sun, 26 Feb 2017

In connect to my earlier discussion, we visited Gynocologist. Doctor tried to council her and she referred Xylocaine Gel for external use before intercourse. So that she wont have pain.
Now i want to know whether this gel can be used for this purpose and any side effects will be there.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Safe

Detailed Answer:
Hello .Thanks for writing again. Yes it is safe to try lignocaine jelly. It is a topical anaesthetic and will help in penetration of penis , which causes same. But it is not a substitute for good foreplay .So have a good foreplay with your wife so that she lubricates her vagina properly.Regards Dr Manisha Jain.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy