Suggest treatment for painful intercourse

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hiee... i need a guidance from a gynaecologist
I got married 2yrs back but still me and my husband are virgin. We are unable to have intercourse as in start i was too much afraid of it and now when i eagerly want to have it...we start with it but as he start penetrating i feel so much of pain that i have to stop him. I am unable to understand the problem.Kindly guide if any kind of tests are required to be sure about any problem. Or wat i need to do so that we can successfully have sex??It is creating stress on both of our minds
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
more foreplay. lubrication. sex counselling. gynec check up

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
I, Dr . Purushottm Neurgaonkar welcome you to HCM VIRTUAL CLINIC. I have gone through your question, and I think I have understood your concern. I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

1 ) First of all do not panic.

2 ) What you both need is good sex counselling. Please get scientific idea about sexuality and sex activity.

3 ) I will suggest you to get conversant with each other's body parts. It can be element of fear or shyness or undue expectations of pain that can lead to tightness of the vaginal opening or pain during penetrative sex.

4 ) Secondly, it can be actual narrow and tight vaginal opening. This doubt can be cleared by a good and gentle gynec check up.

5 ) Till then , I will suggest you to have good foreplay, attempt penetrative sex only after good lubrication or with use of water based jelly aa lubricant.
If pain persists, please seek medical advice.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 3 days later
Hiee
Can u plz let me know what type of gynae check up ??
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Gynec check up will be aimed at Local, gentle look at vaginal opening.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for appreciating the answer and reverting back.

Gynec check up I am referring to, is a gentle local examination of vaginal opening to see if vaginal opening is having tightness out of narrowness or due to muscle tightness and also the condition of hymen.

It is supposed to be a gentle, non painful examination, with use of local anesthetic jelly. So please do not be afraid.

I hope things will be fine due course of time.

Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar