Suggest treatment for painful intercourse and swollen sore vagina

Question
hi doctor.
sorry to say that but I did a very stupid thing.i always have a painful intercourse so I have searched online and it was written if I use estrogen cream it will help but after four days of using that cream my vagina was so sore and swollen and I could see smth like white dots on my  vagina.i washed myself with betadine to get rid of the pain and those white dots.after two days it become a bit better but today when I went to the gynae she gave me lomexin T 1000mg but I still didnt use that.but im so concern that the estrogen cream damaged everything and it might have a serious side effect.please let me know what I should do with this issue and if its possible a solution for my painful sex life.

Thank you.
XXXXXX
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
If vaginal dryness is the cause, use lubrication.

Detailed Answer:

Firstly, the cause of the pain must be identified. You should get a proper evaluation by a specialist to see if you have any organic causes like a stricture in the vagina, adhesions, polyps, infections or erosions. Rough intercourse is another cause and so is the absence of sufficient lubrication during intercourse, which is very rare at your age.

After any of the above mentioned causative factors are identified and treated, you can also use lubricants if dryness is the cause. Please do not self-medicate yourself with hormone creams as you do not need them at your age. It is possible that you may have landed up with an infection as the white dots indicated, and so, use of a pelvic antibiotic becomes necessary in addition to local treatment after a swab test.

Please maintain genital hygiene and good nutrition.

Hope I have clarified your query. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.