question-icon

Suggest treatment for painful hip bursitis that radiates down the leg

Posted on Thu, 28 May 2015
Question: I have bursitis running down my left hip and leg and it is painful.
Can you suggest how I may treat this condition?
Answered by Dr. Ralf Von Seckendorff (30 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
NSAID medication, rest and cooling first steps

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,

a bursitis usually gets treated with nsaid medication like ibuprofen or similar, please after checking for contraindications with your local doc. Also cooling it and taking a rest from all activities that work that leg too hards is advisable. With that it should usually get better within a week, if not please consult an orthopedic specialist if possible.

Other conditions like activated arthrosis may be ruled out through x ray of the affected joint.

Hope this is helping you , if you have any clarificatons you can get back to me, if this was helpful please kindly rate my answer. Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Ralf Von Seckendorff