Suggest treatment for painful hip bursitis that radiates down the leg
Can you suggest how I may treat this condition?
NSAID medication, rest and cooling first steps
a bursitis usually gets treated with nsaid medication like ibuprofen or similar, please after checking for contraindications with your local doc. Also cooling it and taking a rest from all activities that work that leg too hards is advisable. With that it should usually get better within a week, if not please consult an orthopedic specialist if possible.
Other conditions like activated arthrosis may be ruled out through x ray of the affected joint.
Hope this is helping you , if you have any clarificatons you can get back to me, if this was helpful please kindly rate my answer. Best regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for hip bursitis
- Treatment for hip bursitis in runners
- Cortisone injections for hip bursitis
- Chronic hip bursitis treatment
- Hip bursitis and groin pain
- Hip bursitis injection
- Stretching exercises for hip bursitis
- Steroid injection for hip bursitis
- Cortisone shot for hip bursitis
- Hip bursitis treatment