Suggest treatment for painful hard stools

Gastroenterologist
Question
I popped, went to take a shower and felt a thin stick-like thing coming out of my anus. looks like a hard-splinter. But doesn't look like it's real wood, just like-wood.

Now there's another one, harder, which Im not able to remove and hurts a lot.
What should I do?
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Samir Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Visit your doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hello I would suggest you visit your doctor. The photograph you showed could be part of some vegetable residue you had eaten earlier. I would suggest not to remove the hard bit yourself. The hard bit you feel inside could be impacted hard stools. I suggest you visit your doctor an get a rectal examination done.
Hope this helps